Signup to the Artisan Canada Directory and join many other professional artisans across Canada who actively promote themselves and build awareness about the quality and workmanship of products made by hand.
Please take a few minutes to read through the information below which will guide you through setting up your personal profile on the Artisan Canada Directory.
After entering your name and email address, you will receive an email with a private link. You may complete your registration with additional information or update your information by visiting this private link at any time. When you click on the link it will take you to your record and you will be asked to complete a short form.
- Category: First, you will need to select a main category for your work from a pull down menu. The category you select should be based on the primary material that you use. For example, lets say you work in ceramics but that you often create ceramic jewellery. You would select “Ceramics” as your main category for the purposes of the directory.
- Sub- Category: This is where you can be more specific – for example, you may have selected “fibre” as your main category and now under sub-category enter “mixed media wall art and sculpture” or “handmade wicker baskets and furniture”
- Artisan profile: You may wish to simply copy some text from your website here ir you can compose something new. The idea in this section is to say whatever you think is most important about yourself and your work. You may also wish to include a thumbnail image of yourself at the beginning (recommended image size is about 100 pixels square). The image can be simply copied and pasted right into the text editor above the text.
- Photo’s: You can simply save some images from to your computer and then click on the “upload” button to upload them to your Artisan Directory page. You may upload up to five additional photos of your work (no more than 50KB in size and approximately 300X300 pixels).
- There are spaces to enter your contact information, web site address (starting with http://…..), email, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook links – if you have them.
- Then click the “Save” button and you are done!
You can edit this information at any time using the link provided in the email (please don’t lose the email with the your private link).